I am afraid I am a bit slack when it comes to blogging memes but I thank Simeon at Levine Lowdown for nominating me for the the Sunshine Blogger award. I am flattered that Simeon nominated Gum trees and Galaxies. Check out Levine Lowdown I have enjoyed reading the commentary on news and the the discussion that it encourages, especially check out the blog podcast; The power of youth. In terms of passing it on, I would like to leave that open ended and say that anyone who reads this blog is free to consider themselves nominated it they would like to participate.
I have copied the rules from the Levine Lowdown
- Thank the blogger (s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers & their blogs. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they received the award and ask your nominees 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your blog post
Simeon’s questions to nominies:
- Why did you start your blog?
I used to blog years ago, mostly about books or things of professional interest. Blogging and libraries and librarians have always gone together. Our current blog is much more personal and reflects some of our travel interests but has also seen the occasional post related to books. I am not political, although I have found myself becoming more, and more concerned about certain issues and I will blog on those issues. The issues that concern me are the climate crisis and environmental issues in general.
2. What is your favourite part about blogging?
I think I enjoy the process of just writing something, I am not very good at it, but I enjoy it. I also enjoy conversations via comments, although both G and I are very introverted.
3.What is one of your goals for 2020?
Biggest goal is to walk the talk and take action over the issues I care about by doing things like writing letters to politicians or companies involved in actions that I am concerned about. The other thing is to engage in meaningful conversations with everyone especially about big issues that should concern us all, not always easy for an essentially introverted person.
4. If you could advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Take risks and follow your heart and never, ever care about what other people think, the only thing that matters is being true to yourself.
5. What is your favourite sport?
Not really big on sport as a spectator, but I do love swimming and bush walking.
6. If you could go back in the past to any year, which year would you go back to?
I would choose a year from a simpler time, maybe 1969, the year of the moon landing.
7. What is one country that you would love to travel to?
I really love Europe, all of Europe but think maybe if I had to choose just one country, maybe Finland, especially some of the wilder places in Finland.
8. What is one thing that not many people know about you?
I am a very boring person and I don’t think I have any real secrets, there is not much that people don’t already know.
9. What has been the scariest moment of your life?
I think I am yet to experience that moment but I imagine it would involve some sort of threat to the well being of the two people I care most about.
10.When does bread become toast?
The second the bread is warm.
11.What is your favourite song of all time?
Really hard and just can’t choose but maybe and this will sound like a strange answer; Walking in the air which was the theme song from the Snowman. I have changed the answer to this question several times.
And 11 questions if anyone chooses to participate, well I will just change a couple of the questions but this is the list:
- Why did you start you blog?
- What is your favourite part about blogging?
- What is one of your goals for 2020?
- If you could give advice to your younger self, what would it be?
- What is the title of one book that really spoke to you and changed how you think?
- Name three people you consider to be heroes and role models.
- What is one country that you would love to travel to?
- If you were an animal what would you be?
- If you could do anything in the world what would it be?
- When does bread become toast?
- What song do you want played at your funeral?
Okay so I haven’t followed the rules to the letter, I have not nominated blogs, just consider yourself nominated and participate is you would like to.